Saturday, June 18, 2011

Party gift

We were invited to a 50th birthday surprise party for a dear friend this weekend. Her husband requested gag gifts. Here's ours:



This was great fun to put together. I used a random basket that I found in my garage, plus some blocks of floral foam (about $4 for a big package from Hobby Lobby; I only used about half of it), and three bags of Tootsie Pops. For the "50 sucks" sign, I used the By the Numbers dies for the numbers, and the Simple Letters Sizzix dies from Stampin' Up for the letters. I taped a few popsicle sticks on the back with Scor Tape and then stuck the sign into the floral foam. Easy peasy!

Eagle-eyed readers will spot one Blow Pop in the front row of the Tootsie Pop basket. Three bags of pops should have given us 51, but we were bitten by the "about 17 servings" bug, and three bags actually only contained 49. So we found one lonely Blow Pop in the house and used it as a stand in.

No comments: